Squeaky Wheels the Rationale

Team Squeaky Wheels came together by accident following a drunken conversation about the possibility of riding from Lands End to John O'Groats. The result was the accumulation of a quarter of a millenniums worth of accumulated wit and (arguably) wisdom in the guise of Jeff, Tim, Don and Michael. To give us all an incentive to accomplish this route we decided to make the journey a sponsored ride for McMillan Cancer Support, and run this Blog for our friends and supporters. Hopefully we will provide daily reports of our progress and events during the ride. These may become more terse as exhaustion and saddle sores kick in. So watch this space.

Thursday 26 May 2011

ALL THE GEAR.....

I now have rather few gears on my bike than I started with, which complicates matters while grinding up the Scottish Himalayas. Nasty graunching noises and the occasional sound of cogwheel teeth tinkling on the road. But I'm sure everything will be fine (hysterical titter). The bicycle anoraks on this trip have taken the problem on board and as I write are spending their only rest day tinkering with my steel steed: what's particularly sad is that they seem to enjoy doing this....bless 'em! When I asked rather guiltily what I could do to help repair what is, after all, my own bike, the leader said 'Go away and get pissed' which reflects his respect for my usefulness. Accurately enough, I'm afraid.

dinnertube

1 comment:

  1. What happened with your original gears? Good thing, you can still do well without the original plan. Still be thankful though! :D


    Fender Flares | Bushwacker | Bestops | It's All About Car

    ReplyDelete