Squeaky Wheels the Rationale

Team Squeaky Wheels came together by accident following a drunken conversation about the possibility of riding from Lands End to John O'Groats. The result was the accumulation of a quarter of a millenniums worth of accumulated wit and (arguably) wisdom in the guise of Jeff, Tim, Don and Michael. To give us all an incentive to accomplish this route we decided to make the journey a sponsored ride for McMillan Cancer Support, and run this Blog for our friends and supporters. Hopefully we will provide daily reports of our progress and events during the ride. These may become more terse as exhaustion and saddle sores kick in. So watch this space.

Sunday 15 May 2011

Hills? You say hills? I've had to walk up hills before, but I've never come across hills so steep I had to walk down them too! I think I said it was good to have started at last....let me modify that opinion: it is bloody hard! There are very good views, it's true, but by the time you get to them you see them through a mist of tiny red dots...Oh,well, it's in a good cause, though I have to say the Macmillan nurses might have been better off if we'd all stayed at home watching TV and sent them the entry money instead. Ah, but the rippling hiss of lycra in the morning, the joy of the open road, the bonhomie and camaraderie...the...well, you know swhat I mean.

Tim 'dinnertube' Griggs

3 comments:

  1. Well done,Dinnertube and all the Squeaky Wheels (who I assume made it too). Day 1 complete - and still had the energy to write the blog.80% towards reaching fundraising goal too, so keep those pedals moving!
    Lots Jen xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, guys. I know what you mean - like the South West Coast Path on wheels. It gets flatter on Tuesday,across the Somerset Levels! I'm hoping to flag you down somewhere between Shapwick and Westhay. Can you give me a rough eta? Or call me on 01458 850268, giving me 30mins notice to get there. Mobile: 07818452460, but no signal at home. Hilary xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a good thing your done with the first day. Most of the time, the adrenaline rush... all the exciting moments happened on day one. :d


    Fender Flares | Bushwacker | Bestops | Auto Parts and Updates

    ReplyDelete